What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic Doctors (ND) attend a 4 year post-baccalaureate medical school. Naturopathic Doctors look for the underlying cause of disease and use the least invasive, cutting edge natural therapies for treatment. The heart of Naturopathic Medicine is diet and nutrition, but it also provides a variety of tools such as herbs, supplements, homeopathy, and hydrotherapy. Naturopathic Doctors feel its important to spend an adequate amount of time with each patient in order to treat holistically, provide individualized care and to discover the cause of disease.
Naturopathic Doctors practice under the 5 naturopathic principles:
- First, do no harm by utilizing the most natural, least invasive least toxic therapies
- Co-operate with the healing power of nature trusting the body’s ability to heal itself
- Identify and treat the causes
- Treat the whole person through individualized treatment
- Teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine
- Focus on disease prevention