Katie Corazzo, Naturopathic Doctor
Women, men, and their children looking for integrative health care can find natural treatments and preventative options with Dr. Katie. She is a family practitioner specializing in Natural Medicine. Many of our health problems stem from underlying issues; whether it be an imbalance physically, mentally, or emotionally. Dr. Katie offers a unique approach to uncovering the cause of illness and creating individualized treatments. Cutting edge natural medicines provide successful outcomes. Taking the time to listen and understand your health concerns is something she does with each and every patient. Dr. Katie will be there to guide you down the path to better health, offering guidance for women’s health questions, infertility, fertility, weight loss, digestive concerns, anxiety/depression, fatigue, nutrition advice, and more.
Katie Corazzo, ND grew up in Eagan, Minnesota with her parents and 2 younger sisters. Dr. Katie’s passion for health, nutrition, and exercise began when she was in a 5th grade health class learning about the importance of a healthy diet. Throughout high school she was involved in sports and began having digestive problems which only fueled her interest in nutrition. She completed her B.S. in Nutrition Science at the University of Minnesota where she was involved in research and the treasurer of the honor society, Phi Upsilon Omicron. During her freshman year, Naturopathic Medicine captured her attention.
Naturopathy embodies her beliefs in the importance of nutrition and our health. She was also frustrated with the prescription drug model and felt that there had to be another way. After completing her B.S., Dr. Katie moved to Arizona where she attended the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe. Dr. Katie was the biochemistry TA and peer mentor. She focused on women’s medicine, chronic health concerns, dietary counseling, abused women, and the underserved community. Working with a midwife and volunteering at a clinic in Mexico with Naturopaths Without Borders were experiences she won’t forget (see pictures below). Dr. Katie completed a month long internship in California at the TrueNorth Health Center, a fasting clinic where she monitored often very sick patients during a fast or detox. After completing her boards, Dr. Katie decided to brave the winters again and move back to Minnesota in order to be closer to her friends and family. She is board-certified and registered in the state of Minnesota. Naturopathic Medicine is where her true passion lies, and she is very excited to be practicing in Minnesota.
Dr. Katie looks forward to helping you find a balance in your life by providing naturopathic care.
- Women’s medicine
- Weight loss
- Digestive complaints
- Autoimmune Disease
- Hormone Imbalance
- Clinical Nutrition
- Botanicals / herbs
- Treasurer of the Minnesota Association of Naturopathic Physicians (MNANP)
- Vice President of the BNI South Metro Chapter
- Peer Mentor for nutrition students at the University of Minnesota
- Internship at one of the leading fasting clinics in the country
- Biochemistry teaching assistant at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM)
- Over 40 volunteer hours at a clinic in Mexico
- Numerous hours in a women’s shelter, and drug and rehab clinics throughout the Phoenix area – Article on Dr. Katie’s experience
- Spending time with friends and family
- Lifetime Minneapolis duathlon 2016
- Lola’s Waconia Half Marathon 2015
- Minnesota Ragnar Relay 2014, 2015
- Lifetime Sprint Triathlon 2014
- Minneapolis Marathon 2012
- Yoga, crossfit, volleyball, waterskiing, golf
- Volunteering in the community
- Reading – novels, nutrition
- Active in the River Valley Church in Edina
- Renovating her home