Naturopathic Doctor, Chiropractor
Everyone has their journey… Dr. Julia is here to help you and your family with yours! As a mother of two exuberant, nature-loving children, she is passionate about natural parenting and keeping families healthy throughout all seasons of the year, and their lives!
Growing up in rural Wisconsin instilled a love for the great outdoors and a passion for everyday adventure. We all have our personal story; Dr. Julia’s began as a high school and collegiate athlete, struggling with numerous stress fractures and eventually a fractured pubic bone that ended her running career. Frustrated with medical doctors simply telling her to drink more milk (yes, that is what they told her!), she set out on a quest to find her own answers. She was always drawn to nutrition and natural medicine and as she continued to research her future path, she found the perfect fit in naturopathic and chiropractic medicine. Dr. Julia’s life mission is to help people find answers to the root cause of their disease, rather than short term relief.
Dr. Julia attended National University of Health Sciences to complete both of her Naturopathic and Chiropractic doctorates, as well as her certification in acupuncture. She also continued on to complete a three-year residency in Family Practice and a Master of Science in Advanced Clinical Practice.
During her residency, she worked under medical doctors, naturopaths and chiropractors while completing her clinical rotations at Northwestern University Center for Integrative Medicine and private practice. Prior to starting her current practice, she spent several years working at National University of Health Sciences as Chief Clinician, Attending Clinician, and Instructor.
“Teaching and working with interns and patients at NUHS Whole Health Center brought me much joy! I am passionate about empowering patients to live their best life and am excited to share simple solutions that can help improve your health forever! ” ~Dr. Julia
- Mood disorders
- Herbal & Botanical Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Thyroid & Adrenal disorders
- Musculoskeletal complaints
- Autoimmune Disease
- Clinical Nutrition
- Digestive Complaints
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Essential Oils
- Chief & Attending Clinician, National University of Health Sciences Whole Health Center
- Residency in Family Practice, including hours at Northwestern’s Center for Integrative Medicine
- Naturopathic Chief Medical Officer Best Practices Committee, Member: 12/2015 – 9/2016
- Acupuncture Certification
- Internship at Salvation Army Drug & Rehabilitation Center
- Council of Chief Academic and Clinical Officers (CCACO), Naturopathic Medicine, Member: 1/2014 – 9/2016
- Assistant Professor, Clinical Sciences
- Anatomy Tutor for Massage Therapy students
- Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations (NPLEX); Part II- Clinical Science Examination NUHS Representative for Evaluation of Common & Critical Conditions
- Naturopathic Residency STAIR selection committee
- Medical staff member for Susan G. Komen and Avon 39 breast cancer walks
- Peer Reviewer; Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, 2012-2018
- Downhill Skiing
- Cross-country skiing
- Creative cooking
- Travel & exploring new cultures