Do you struggle to find something to cook that your entire family will like, especially if someone has food allergies or sensitivities? If you are looking for something that is simple and tasty, try this gluten-free veggie pasta!
In an effort to find something to cook for my guy, I decided to try this recipe. I love pasta don’t get me wrong, but it is usually high in carbs and dairy. This recipe is vegan, dairy and gluten-free, but high in carbs. You can’t win them all, right? Add lentils, beans, or grass-fed ground beef to increase the protein content of this meal.
Gluten free pasta
1 large gluten-free tomato sauce (with no added sugar)
1/2 Fresh onion
1 Red pepper
1 small carton of mushrooms
1/2 asparagus bunch
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves
1. Cook gluten-free noodles according to the box. Be careful not to over-cook to prevent them from becoming mushy. I chose spiral noodles, but angel hair or bow tie would work.
2. Cut veggies – Julienne the pepper and quarter the mushrooms. Chop onions into quarter-inch squares. Break off the end of the asparagus at the natural break, discard the end, and chop remainder in half. Remove basil leaves from stem and chop into smaller pieces. I used about 1.5 bunches of the basil.
3. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until they begin to brown. Add in remaining vegetables, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Cook for about 5-8 minutes or until almost cooked through. Note: I used salt free tomato sauce and added about 1 tsp of salt into the veggies.
4. Add in tomato sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes with the pan cover on.
5. Add noodles to veggie mix and serve immediately. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
And that’s it! 5 easy steps to gluten-free veggie pasta.
Optional: Add ground meat for those meat lovers.